AEIC 2019 Spring Meeting
New Orleans, Louisiana
Date: April 10-11, 2019
Meeting will be held at Maison Dupuy Hotel (1001 Toulouse St., New Orleans, LA). Working groups will be meeting afternoon of April 9 at the Eurofins GeneScan site (2219 Lakeshore Dr., Ste 400, New Orleans)
Hotel accommodations will be at the Maison Dupuy Hotel (1001 Toulouse St., New Orleans, LA). A block of rooms has been reserved under "AEIC" ($149/night) through 8 March. Reservations may be made by using this link:
Once link opens, choose "Select & Go to Next Step" which will take you to a calendar for you to choose check-in and check-out dates. You may also call 800-535-9177 or 504-586-8000 (please specifiy "AEIC" to reservation person). If you choose to come early or stay in New Orleans after the meeting, rates will vary depending on the dates (see pricing for specific dates given in above link). There is a music festival in the historic area beginning 11 April and lasting through the weekend.
Louis Armstrong New Orleans Airport (MSY) services the New Orleans area. All major airlines have flights into the airport. It is recommended to use cabs, Uber, Lyft, etc. rather than renting a car to go to/from hotel. Parking is very limited in the historic area where the hotel is located and is available by valet only.
Meeting Topics include:
Click here for agenda
- Research and promotion activity for uses of cotton, & cotton crop engineering
- Is Hemp an alternative for farmers to replace other crops?
- Review standards for testing for the presence of GMOs in Cotton;
- Gene editing in cotton and other crops, and effect of regulation;
- Seed disease detection and prevention;
- The new USDA BioEngineered food labeling regulations;
- Breakout discussion sessions on these topics, and
- New technologies for testing moisture in grain and grain/seed bins.
Working groups (Protein and Composition) will meet the afternoon of April 9.
AEIC Group Dinner (optional)
Acme Oyster House (https://acmeoyster.com/), 1724 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA (in French Quarter). The dinner will be a buffet of shrimp, fish, jambalaya, etc. The cost is $50/person (sign up when registering for meeting).
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER